The Cannondale Cross Country Race is on Saturday the 16th of June 2018.
Cross-Country ‘XCO’ races are held over multiple laps of an undulating circuit and have evolved massively in recent years: Races are shorter and more intense, with power and technical skill now as important as fitness to be successful. Riding the course you should expect everything from blazing fast descents to technical singletrack and lung searing climbs, giving everyone the chance to shine.
10-12 Year Old Racers – £4.00 plus a £1.00 Booking Fee.
Juvenile and Youth Racers – £15.00 plus a £1.00 Booking Fee.
Junior and Super Veterans – £20.00 plus a £1.00 Booking Fee.
Women, Seniors, Veteran Men, Elite Women and Elite Men – £25.00 plus a £1.00 Booking Fee.
Race entries are now open, you can enter by clicking HERE.
Please Note for Race Registration:
-Please bring valid photographic I.D with you such as a driving licence or passport.
-No British Cycling Race Licence or Membership is required.
-Please note there will be no on the day entries.
Schedule for Friday the 15th of June 2018.
09:00 to 20:00 Race Registration Open.
Schedule for Saturday the 16th of June 2018.
09.00 Race Registration Open.
09.00 Course open for practice
10.30 Race 1: Veteran / Grand Veteran / Super Veteran, Youth, Juvenille and Fun Male & Female categories.
12.15 Presentation for Race 1
13.00 Race 2: Under 12’s
13.20 Race 2: Under 10’s & Under 8’s
13.45 Presentation for Race 2
14.00 Registration closes
14.15 Course closes for practice
14.30 Race 3: Elite, Expert, Sport, Junior and Open Male & Female categories.
16.15 Presentation for Race 3
Categories: Elite, Expert, Sport, Open and Fun are ‘ability’ categories. All other categories are based on age.
Number of laps will be confirmed at the event taking into consideration course and weather conditions. We currently estimate the following:
- Juvenile (13-14) 2 lap male / 2 lap female
- Youth (15-16) 3 laps male / 3 laps female
- Junior (17-18) 4 laps male / 4 laps female
- Sport (19+) 4 laps male /4 laps female
- Expert (19+ licence only) 5 laps male / 4 laps female
- Elite (19+ licence only) 6 laps male / 5 laps female
- Veterans (40-49) 4 laps male / 3 laps female
- Grand Vets (50+) 4 laps male / 3 laps female
- Super Vets (60+) 3 laps male / 3 laps female
- Open (17+) 3 laps male / 3 laps female
- Fun (17+) 2 laps male / 2 laps female
Please note: The race entry covers you for the Cross Country race only. To enter the festival, please pay the applicable admission price, even if you are racing. This will cover your entry to the festival, parking, camping and spectating.
Event Entry Tickets are available now from The Ticket Seller by clicking HERE.
Rules and Regulations.
Please ensure you are fully aware and agree with the rules and regulations as set down by British Cycling which are viewable by clicking HERE.
Equipment: The Bicycle must be capable of safely and efficiently completing the task and must, as a minimum, be mechanically sound, have efficient brakes on all wheels and all reasonable steps must be taken to ensure the safety of the rider and others. As part of the
latter, bar plugs are compulsory.
Helmets: It is compulsory to wear a protective helmet when racing or training on the course and such helmet must comply with the required safety standards defined in the General Regulations. An open face helmet is acceptable. The helmet must be properly secured in both training and racing.
-Training on the course is not permitted in advance of the event.
Any questions please e-mail email@example.com or call/text 07968 229 359.
- Please note: The race entry fee covers you for the Cross Country race entry only. To enter the festival you will have to pay the admission price. This will cover entry to the festival, parking, camping and spectating. If you are aged 12 and under then entry is free. Entry tickets are available now from The Ticket Seller by clicking HERE. Any questions please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 07968 229 359.
- Copyright notice: This website and its content are copyright of the Malverns Classic. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of this schedule in any form is prohibited other than the following:
-You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts of this schedule for your personal and non-commercial use only.
-You may copy the content of this schedule to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
-You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content of this schedule. Nor may you transmit the schedule or store it in any other website or another form of electronic retrieval system.