PLEASE NOTE THAT MEDIA ACCREDITATION CLOSES TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE EVENT on Friday the 1st of June at 23:55.
We recognises the value of the media for reporting on the Malverns Classic.
PHOTOGRAPHERS & VIDEOGRAPHERS:
In line with the recommendation in British Cycling’s Child Protection Policy. The promoters of the Malverns Classic request that any person wishing to engage in any video, zoom or close range photography should register their details with the CannondaleMalvens Classic Team. This must be done on arrival at Race Registration. This must be done before carrying out any such photography. The promoter reserves the right to decline entry to any person unable to meet or abide by the promoter’s conditions.
British Cycling’s Photography Guidelines are available HERE.
- Applicants for media accreditation are invited to carefully read the rules before submitting their application. Please send to the Event Director firstname.lastname@example.org. All accredited parties and their journalists, photographers, videographers and editors are required to adhere to the following rules.
- This includes photographers loading their images for sale on websites like Roots and Rain. We remind you that attending our events with the purpose of selling your images means you are there in a commercial entity. If you were to then be involved in an incident you could be pursued legally and financially, hence the reason for ensuring you are covered for £3 million public liability.
- The Malverns Classic will accredit publications that intend to publish content related to the event and offer them free entry.
- The Malverns Classic considers the press pass to be a working tool to be used only by bonafide members of the press.
- All media personal must be 18 years of age or older.
- Accreditation may be revoked at any time if you break the rules.
- The Malverns Classic requires that all media attending its events to demonstrate that they have a minimum of £3 million public liability cover whilst working at the event. By applying for media accreditation at the Malverns Classic you are declaring that you will be able to provide evidence of such cover at the sign on at the event.
- On the publication of any work, the Malverns Classic welcomes you to share your work with us so that we can share it across our social media channels and credit you accordingly.
- On arriving onsite please head to race registration and sign on. You must have a copy of your £3 million public liability cover along with photographic I.D.
- On production of £20.00 in cash, you will receive your media vest. The media vest must be returned at the end of the event in person by yourself and must be worn at all times. Failure to do so will result in your accreditation being cancelled.
- The media vest must be worn outside of all garments at all times at the event.
- The media vest remains the property of the Malverns Classic at all times. The vest must be returned to the Malverns Classic team based at race registration. Failure to do will result in a £20.00 charge to replace the vest.
- The media vest must be worn by the accredited media person it was assigned to.
- When reporting on the event in print and on the web you must use the correct title at least once in the report, ‘Malverns Classic’.
- All media are reminded that cycle sports can be dangerous and despite us taking all reasonable precautions, unavoidable accidents can happen. In respect of these, you are present at your own risk.
- We have tried to ensure that you will be able to reach your chosen working area without walking on the race track. If you decide to cross the race track please locate the nearest marshal and ask for assistance in crossing. Please ensure that at all times you walk and stand outside of the course tape. Competitors may be traveling at high speeds. This includes any ‘B’ zones which are the wider, double taped parts of the course.
- All members of the media are reminded that under Malverns Classic regulations, the wearing of a tabard referring to ‘press’, ‘media’ or anything similar confers no additional access to the marked off course of ‘B’ zones to those of a spectator.
- Consider your safety and that of others at all times.
- We ask that you obey all instructions of marshals in relation to your safety and that of others.
- Any verbal or physical abuse to members of the Malverns Classc Team will not be tolerated. Offenders may be detained, asked to leave the venue and the Police may be called.
- Make sure you dress to take full account of the weather and be aware that the weather conditions may change at any time. Wear sturdy footwear for typical forest conditions.
- Beware of flying debris and uneven or slippery surfaces.
- You must not physically interfere with the riders on track.
- Riders during racing are not allowed any outside assistance, any assistance may mean the rider is disqualified from the event. The only time assistance is permitted is if requested to by a Malverns Classic marshal or medic. Do not alter the track marking tape, poles or the physical track itself.
- If you are concerned with any part of the track or venue please inform the nearest marshal or Malverns Classic team member.
- In case of an accident please ensure that firstly the marshal is aware of the situation and location and await their instruction. Please note we have professional medics onsite to administer all first aid.
- Stay above the track (never below) and never on the outside of a corner.
- Pay attention at all times as the intervals between each rider will vary.
- Respect everyone at the venue along with the signs and the course tape.
- Do not lean over or under the course tape. Also, do not push on the tape to deviate the tape from the original line.
- All limbs must remain outside of the tape. This also applies to any equipment such as cameras or camera poles.
- Drones are not permitted onsite.
- You may not use any motorised transport around the race arena or on the hill side, electric bicycles are permitted as long as the are classed as a bicycle.
- Smokers, please ensure all items are fully extinguished prior to disposal and dispose of all litter responsibly.
- Dispose of all litter in the bins provided onsite.
- In case of an emergency and the site has to be evacuated. Please follow the Malverns Classic marshals instructions and meet at the ‘Evacuation Meeting Point’.
- Protection of Children: Pay particular attention to the expectations of privacy of people aged 17 and under and those who are vulnerable. It is a criminal offence to take, distribute or show an indecent photograph (which includes filming) of anyone 17 and under. If you are unsure whether or not an image involving a minor may be indecent, seek immediate advice from the Event Director.
If you agree and fully understand all of the above, as well as confirming a 12 month or longer ban from our events for severe breaches of our rules, please apply by e-mail to the Event Director Si Paton: email@example.com and list the following:
Insurance Policy Number:
Please also send a copy of your insurance document.
Size of Media Vest: Small/Medium or Large/Extra Large.