Three Days of Balance Bike Racing to be crowned the Balance Bike World Champion!
Friday 28th of August – Balance Bike Quad Eliminator for 100x riders.
09:00 to 10:30 – Race Registration.
11:00 to 13:00 – Racing.
Saturday 29th of August – Balance Bike Dual Slalom for 100x riders.
08:00 to 09:30 – Race Registration.
09:00 to 10:00 – Practice.
10:00 to 12:00 – Racing.
07:30 to 08:30 – Race Registration.
08:00 to 09:00 – Practice.
Girls; 2 years, 3 years, 4 years, 5 years and 6 years.
Boys; 2 years, 3 years, 4 years, 5 years and 6 years.
Medals will be awarded each day to the top three in each category.
How to become World Champion? Riders will receive points for each race on each day with the top 15 receiving the following points each day, in each category as follows: 1st – 100 points, 2nd – 80 points, 3rd 70 points, 4th – 60 points, 5th – 50 points, 6th – 45 points, 7th – 40 points, 8th – 35 points, 9th – 30 points, 10th – 25 points, 11th – 20 points, 12th – 15 points, 13th – 10 points, 14th 5 – points, 15th – 2 points.
The riders that accumulate the most points in their category over the three races will be crowned the Balance Bike World Champion!
- Parents / Guardians must purchase a festival entry ticket, please note children aged 12 and under go free and no ticket is required.
- Choose which race you want your child to enter: 1) Friday – Quad Eliminator, 2) Saturday – Dual Slalom or 3) Sunday – Downhill or either two or all three!
- 1) Two years of age, 2) Three years of age, 3) Four years of age or 4) Five years of age and Six years of age.
- On race day please head to race registration with I.D for yourself and sign in on behalf of your child and collect your number board, then attach it to your child’s bike prior to the start of practice. If you miss race registration (times/schedule are listed above) your child will not be allowed to either practice or race.
- If there are spaces available, we will open race registration for 15 minutes immediately after race registration closes on a first come, first served basis. Cost will be £15.00 per rider, per day for each event.
- Check your child’s race times and ensure you and your child are at the start area at least 10 minutes before they are due to start.
- Whoop, Cheer, take photos and celebrate!!
Balance biking can be an inherently dangerous sport with the possibility injuries. No matter where you ride or how well you know the course your child should never ride beyond their skill level and always ride in control and in a sensible manner. Riding in control does not just mean being able to stop, it also means having the requisite skills to
Rules and Regulations.
Equipment: The Bicycle can be of any make or brand, though it must be capable of safely and efficiently completing the task and must, as a minimum, be mechanically sound and all reasonable steps must be taken to ensure the safety of the rider and others. As part of the latter, bar plugs are compulsory.
Helmets: It is compulsory to wear a protective helmet when racing or training on the course and such
-During practice, each rider must complete at least two runs of the course to be able to race.
-Any rider that misses their start slot/call-up will be disqualified.
-Riders must ride around, not over, each gate, with both
-If there is a tie for any in the top three we will run a run off.
Racers will be disqualified for the following:
-Changing from one course to another.
-Interfering with the opposing riders progress.
-Not finishing in possession of their bike.
-Not passing both wheels around the gate.
-Missing a gate and going beyond the next gate.
-Running over a gate.
Q. If the event is sold out, will there be a reserve list? A. Apologies no.
Q. What if I miss the sign on? A. You will not be allowed to practice or race.
Q. How much are entries? A. £15.00 per rider per race
Q. Can I transfer my entry. A. Apologies, there are no transfers.
Q. Can I have a refund? A. Apologies, there are no refunds.