Stans No Tubes / Goodyear Cross Country
Sunday 16th June 2019
Cross-Country ‘XCO’ races are held over multiple laps of an undulating circuit and have evolved massively in recent years: Technical skill is now as important as fitness to be successful. Riding the course you should expect everything from blazing fast descents to technical singletrack and
The course is estimated to be 5.7km long and will climb up the Classic Climb and along the ‘Cannondale Ridge’ before cutting its way back down and up the hill towards Peacock Villa and the Obelisk. The descent will be long and fast taking in the natural features of the hill.
The Assos Speed Trap will be located on the ‘Classic Climb’ and will reward the fastest riders who can power themselves up the hill during racing with am amazing £500.00 voucher to spend online at Assos.com.
Please note you DO NOT need to be a British Cycling Member or hold a race
Please Note for Race Registration:
– Please bring valid photographic I.D with you such as a driving
– No British Cycling Race Licence or Membership is required except for Expert and Elite riders.
– Race registration is open from Thursday the 13th of June, we advise you to beat the rush and sign on ASAP where you will receive your bikes front number board and four cable ties. We will not be issuing rear number boards.
– Transponders will be issued to all riders, excluding those aged 12 and under on Sunday the 16th of June.
– To receive a Transponder you must bring a valid credit or debit card to race registration. Children can use their parents/guardians card, though the adult must be present at sign on.
-No money or deposit is taken and we do not keep your credit or debit card. An imprint of your card is taken and stored securely whilst you have the Transponder.
-To pick up your dedicated Transponder and two cable ties, please head on over to Race Registration on Sunday morning from 08:00 onwards. Please note to take your number board with you (can be on your bike) and do this at least one hour before
– Please return your Transponder to Race Registration after you have finished racing and pick up your card imprint and securely dispose of it. The timing team will have cable tie cutters on hand to remove your transponder.
– If you forget to return your Transponder do not worry! You can return it by post (at your cost), by sending it by recorded delivery directlty back to the timing company, Action Sports Timing. For further instruction, please contact Chris Roberts by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
-If you fail to return your Transponder in due course, Action Sports Timing will look to recover the associated costs.
Course closed all day.
15:00 to 21:00 Race Registration.
09:00 to 21:00 Race Registration Open.
10:00 to 18:00 Course open.
09:00 to 17:00 Course open for everyone to ride at their leisure.
08:00 to 10:00 – Race Registration.
08:00 to 09:00 Open Practice (Please ensure your number board and transponder are attached.
09:00 – Juvenile, Youth, Open, Retro and Fat Bike.
12:30 – Under 8’s.
13:00 – Under 10’s.
13:30 Under 12’s
14:00 – Juniors, Veterans, Sport, Expert and Elite.
- Rippers 1 to 2 laps (on their own specific short course).
- Retro Bikes 2 laps.
- Fat Bikes 2 laps.
- Open 2 laps male / 2 laps female.
- Singlespeed 3 laps.
- Juvenile (13-14) 2 lap male / 2 lap female.
- Youth (15-16) 2 laps male / 2 laps female.
- Junior (17-18) 3 laps male / 2 laps female.
- Veterans (40-49) 3 laps male / 2 laps female.
- Grand Veterans (50+) 3 laps male / 2 laps female.
- Super Veterans (60+) 3 laps male / 2 laps female.
- Sport (19+) 3 laps male.
- Expert (19+) 4 laps male.
- Elite 5 laps male / 4 laps female.
Mountain biking is an inherently dangerous sport with the distinct possibility of severe injuries, or even worse. No matter where you ride or how well you know the course you should never ride beyond your skill level and always ride in control and in a sensible manner. Riding in control does not just mean being able to stop, it also means having the requisite skills to
Riders must use the course in a sensible manner compatible with their level of experience. Riders should walk the course, observing current ground conditions, making yourself aware of any obstacles prior to riding the course. We ask riders to accept that they will ride the course at their own risk and accept that no liability can be accepted by the event
Rules and Regulations.
Equipment: The Bicycle must be capable of safely and efficiently completing the task and must, as a minimum, be mechanically sound, have efficient brakes on all wheels and all reasonable steps must be taken to ensure the safety of the rider and others. As part of the latter, bar plugs are compulsory.
Helmets: It is compulsory to wear a protective helmet when racing or training on the course and such
-Training on the course is not permitted in advance of the event.
Please note: The race entry fee covers you for the Cross Country race entry only. To enter the festival you will have to pay the admission price. If you are aged 12 and under
Q. Is there a multi-entry discount? A. Apologies no.
Q. What if I miss the sign on? A. You will not be allowed to practice or race.
Q. Do you need a British Cycling Race Licence or Membership to race? A. No.
Q. Can you enter on the day? A. Yes, if spaces are available.
Q. Can I have a refund or transfer my entry. A. Apologies, there are no refunds or transfers.
Q. Is there a limit to the number of riders in a category? A. There is no limit to a number of riders in a category.
Q. If I provide a marshal, will I get