The Haibike British e-Bike Championships is to be held on Friday the 14th of June 2019.
The first ever British e-Bike Championships will take place at Eastnor Deer Park, home of the Malverns Classic Mountain Bike Festival. Riders will have to complete three laps which will consist of a mass start, like a cross-country race in your age category. The track consists of a mixture of riding up the quad eliminator course and descending down the cross country fast and flowing descent.
The course is 1.4km long so expect lap times to be around six minutes long with a total race time of 15-20 minutes in total. Entries are limited with an entry fee of £20.00 plus booking fee.
Please note you DO NOT need to be a British Cycling Member or hold a race
Please Note for Race Registration:
– Please bring valid photographic I.D with you such as a driving
– No British Cycling Race Licence or Membership is required.
– Race registration is open from Thursday the 13th of June, we advise you to beat the rush and sign on ASAP where you will receive your bikes front number board and four cable ties.
– Transponders will be issued to all riders on Friday the 14th of June. To receive a Transponder you must bring a valid credit or debit card to race registration.
-No money or deposit is taken and we do not keep your credit or debit card. An imprint of your card is taken and stored securely whilst you have the Transponder.
-To pick up your dedicated Transponder and two cable ties, please head on over to Race Registration on Friday between 08:00 and 18:00. Please note to take your number board with you (can be on your bike).
– Please return your Transponder to Race Registration after you have finished racing and pick up your card imprint and securely dispose of it. The timing team will have cable tie cutters on hand to remove your transponder.
– If you forget to return your Transponder do not worry! You can return it by post (at your cost), by sending it by recorded delivery directlty back to the timing company, Action Sports Timing. For further instruction, please contact Chris Roberts by e-mail to email@example.com
-If you fail to return your Transponder in due course, Action Sports Timing will look to recover the associated costs.
15:00 to 21:00 Race Registration.
09:00 to 18:00 Race Registration.
17:00 to 18:00 Open Practice for all racers (Please attach your number boards).
18:00 to 20:00 Finals, One timed run in each lane, then add both times together with the winner progressing to the next round.
21:55 Podiums for the top three in each category.
-If you are currently 15 and and will not be 16 until next year you will be unable to race.
-If you are currently 29 years of age and will be 30 at any point this year, please enter the Masters Category 30-39.
-If you have recently turned 40 this year and will still be 40 at the end of this year then enter the Veterans Category 40 plus.
- Sport Men in the year of their 17th to 29th birthday.
- Master Men in the year of their 30th to 39th birthday.
- Veteran Men in the year of their 40th birthday onwards.
- Sport Women in the year of their 17th to 29th birthday.
- Master Women in the year of their 30th to 39th birthday.
- Veteran Women in the year of their 40th birthday onwards.
Please note: The race entry covers you for the e-Bike race only. To enter the festival, please pay the applicable admission price, even if you are racing.
Mountain biking is an inherently dangerous sport with the distinct possibility of severe injuries, or even worse. No matter where you ride or how well you know the course you should never ride beyond your skill level and always ride in control and in a sensible manner. Riding in control does not just mean being able to stop, it also means having the requisite skills to
Rules and Regulations.
Equipment: The Bicycle must be capable of safely and efficiently completing the task and must, as a minimum, be mechanically sound, have efficient brakes on all wheels and all reasonable steps must be taken to ensure the safety of the rider and others. As part of the latter, bar plugs are compulsory.
Your e-Bike must be an “electrically assisted pedal cycle” EAPC, ebike, or Pedelec), have pedals that propel it, the electric motor won’t assist you when you’re travelling more than 25 km/h (15.5mph) and the power doesn’t exceed 250 watts.
Helmets: It is compulsory to wear a protective helmet when racing or training on the course and such
POV cameras are allowed during practice only and must be fitted to your bicycle.
-During practice, each rider must complete at least one full lap of the course to be able to race.
Racers will be disqualified for the following:
-Electronic Doping: Bikes must be an “electrically assisted pedal cycle” EAPC, ebike, or Pedelec), have pedals that propel it, the electric motor won’t assist you when you’re travelling more than 25 km/h (15.5mph) and the power doesn’t exceed 250 watts.
We reserve the right to test the winners bike and any other competitors bikes a random immediately once you have crossed the finish line. We have the tried and trusted Race Co Cycles Richard Butters on hand as chief scrutineer who is one of the UK’s leading authorities on eBikes.
-Interfering with the opposing riders progress.
-Not finishing in possession of their bike.
-Not passing both wheels around the gate.
Q. Is it the same price for all categories? A. Yes.
Q. Is there a multi-entry discount? A. Apologies no.
Q. If the event is sold out, will there be a reserve list? A. Apologies no.
Q. What if I miss the sign on? A. You will not be allowed to practice or race.
Q. Do you need a British Cycling Race Licence or Membership to race? A. No.
Q. How much are entries? A. Race entries are £20.00 each plus the booking fee.
Q. Can I have a refund or transfer my entry. A. Apologies, there are no refunds or transfers.
Q. Is there a limit to the number of riders in a category? A. There is no limit to a number of riders in a category, only on the number of riders in an event.
Q. If I provide a marshal, will I get