Balance Bike Racing at the Malverns Classic.
Saturday 29th of August – Balance Bike Dual Slalom for 100x riders.
10:00 to 12:00 – Racing.
12:15 to 12:30 – Podiums for the top three in each category on the main stage.
08:00 to 09:00 – Practice.
- Parents / Guardians must purchase a festival entry ticket, please note children aged 12 and under go free and no ticket is required.
- Choose which race you want your child to enter. 1) Saturday Dual Slalom or 2) Sunday Downhill or both!
- 1) Two years of age, 2) Three years of age, 3) Four years of age or 4) Five years of age.
- On race day please head to race registration with I.D for yourself and sign in on behalf of your child and collect your number board, then attach it to your child’s bike prior to the start of practice. If you miss race registration (times/schedule are listed above) your child will not be allowed to either practice or race.
- If there are spaces available, we will open race registration for 15 minutes immediately after race registration closes on a first come, first served basis.
- Check your child’s race time and ensure you and your child are at the start area at least 10 minutes before they are due to start.
- Race! You may accompany/run next to your child whilst on course. Please note, do not to cross the timing beam at the start or finish line.
- Whoop, Cheer, take photos and celebrate!!
Mountain biking is an inherently dangerous sport with the distinct possibility of severe injuries, or even worse. No matter where you ride or how well you know the course you should never ride beyond your skill level and always ride in control and in a sensible manner. Riding in control does not just mean being able to stop, it also means having the requisite skills to
Rules and Regulations.
Equipment: The Bicycle must be capable of safely and efficiently completing the task and must, as a minimum, be mechanically sound and all reasonable steps must be taken to ensure the safety of the rider and others. As part of the latter, bar plugs are compulsory.
Helmets: It is compulsory to wear a protective helmet when racing or training on the course and such
-During practice, each rider must complete at least two runs of the course to be able to race.
-Any rider that misses their start slot/call-up will be disqualified.
-Riders must ride around, not over, each gate, with both
-If there is a tie for any in the top three we will run a run off.
Racers will be disqualified for the following:
-Changing from one course to another.
-Interfering with the opposing riders progress.
-Not finishing in possession of their bike.
-Not passing both wheels around the gate.
-Missing a gate and going beyond the next gate.
-Running over a gate.
Q. If the event is sold out, will there be a reserve list? A. Apologies no.
Q. What if I miss the sign on? A. You will not be allowed to practice or race.
Q. Do you need a British Cycling Race Licence or Membership to race? A. No.
Q. How much are entries? A. FREE.
Q. Can I transfer my entry. A. Apologies, there are no transfers.