Old Skool Collectors Alert! On Sunday the 29th of August 2021 we will be hosting the WD40 Retro Show and Shine.
Entry into this competition is free to all festival goers and is open to all bikes manufactured on or before the year 2,001. Just turn up on the day at 08:30 in the main finish arena in front of the marquee with your pride and joy along with a rear wheel bike stand.
Entries are limited to two bikes per person. The bikes will be displayed in the main arena or inside the large marquee if the weather if the weather takes a turn. We will then judge the bicycles down to the best ten and then the best three. The ‘Best in Show’ bike will be selected from these three and will receive the title and the prize money.
The prize fund for the ‘Best in Show’ will be a mouth-watering £1,000 courtesy of WD40. We have a display stand built that will securely display the winner’s bike for the rest of the day until 17:00.
Do you have a JMC original or replica bike? If so, we are giving you the opportunity to get her polished and shined up help to us all remember the late and great Jason McRoy. Jim McRoy has very kindly given us permission to commemorate the 25th anniversary of Jasons passing and what a fantastic way to help celebrate his life. Please note this is not limited to Specialized bikes. Mr. Crud aka Pete Tomkins has joined the party and will be one of the judges and is personally donating £500 to be split between the top ten bikes. In the true spirit of the Malverns and JMC, all winnings will have to be spent in the bar! Bike Pictured: John Paddock’s JMC Replica Specialized S-Works, enjoy!
Martin Hawyes (Trials Rider), Pete Tomkins (Mr. Crud Catcher), Jay Hardy (Old Skool Legend), Rory Hitchens (Legend), Geoff Waugh (Photographer), Richard Vickery (Naked Legend) and Christopher Longbone (Retro Bike).
Schedule for Sunday 30th August:
• 08:30 – 09:00 Set up your bike with a rear wheel stand. Please note the ground surface is grass and maybe uneven. You may want to bring small tent pegs to help stabilise your bike stand.
• 09:00 – 10:30 WD40 Show and Shine public display.
• 10:30 Top ten bikes chosen.
• 10:45 Top three bikes chosen.
• 10:55 Award Presentation for the ‘Best in Show’ on the main stage. Please note there will be no runners-up prizes or awards.
* Please note if your star bike is lucky enough to win, you will not be allowed to enter that bike again at the Malverns Classic. It can only win once.
- The WD40 retro Show and Shine is FREE to enter. You will need to purchase a festival ticket to gain admission onto the site.
- Make sure your bike is from the year 2,001 or older.
- In the true spirit of the
Malverns,the competition is open to privateers as we want to award them for their dedication and passion. Bikes owned by manufacturers we feel are at an unfair advantage and would kindly ask that they display their bikes on their own trade/expo stands for everyone to enjoy.
- Please bring a rear wheel stand to display your bike.
- You are allowed to display either one or two bikes.
- You are responsible for your bike and you display your bike at your own risk.
- We advise you to stand in front of your bike/s with the general public to allow all of the bikes to be viewed. This will also allow you to talk to any admirers of your bike and answer any questions.
- Once the competition is over for you, we will advise you to exit the arena immediately with your bike and secure it. Please don’t lock it to the roof or the rear of your vehicle. Lock it securely inside your vehicle with D Locks and Cable Locks (around car seat frames etc..) if possible. Remember: Out of sight is out of mind.
- The judge’s decision is final.
- £1,000 will be paid by bank transfer within 48 hours to the winner.
Good luck to everyone entering.